Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advice

Default Advice

A guest at Delphi told me a story about a Scottish Ghillie and an American visitor.

The Scottish Ghillie was on a beat of one of the Classic Rivers. Most visitors there knew how to salmon fish, they were regulars or experienced and he would not usually suffer much outside of that. An American was going to some European business convention that lasted only a couple of days, it was in London. As he was known to fly fish, the organisers of the convention decided to book three days salmon fishing for him to extend his trip and make it more worthwhile for him to visit the U.K..

The American arrived on the Scottish beat and met the Ghillie there. The Ghillie walked him along the beat, he showed him the top boundary and the bottom boundary, and on the way between he explained the good pools and salmon lies to him. The Ghillie then wished him well and started to head off. The American said to him, “is that it? Have you no other tips or advice for me?"

The Ghillie said, I have, “don't wear brown shoes with blue trousers,” and headed off.
    Last edited by minitube; 12-07-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

Surely it's black shoes you don't wear with blue trousers...?

He lost all authority for me right there... ;-)

Lol good tale - I thought it was "Never brown in town"?!

Richard

No matter what colour... don't tie yer shoe laces in a revolving door!