Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default salmonlogic line

Although there has been much debate regarding Salmonlogic in recent post's!

I refer to their new lines; I fish with the loomis NRX 13' line weight 32 grams, I have been using the Rio short versitip #8 @ 31grams which seems a little light for me but this could be my casting!! also the #9 @ 35grams that shoots through the rod ring's (when I get the cast right,...) this may be a bit heavy.

Now looking at the salmonlogic line @ 33grams I would say this line would be a perfect match for my rod. Anyway I phoned Mike from AM Angling and purchased one. I will let you know how I get on with the line after a few more lessons with Dexter next week up in Ayrshire. Actually I will ask Dexter to give a report on the line compared with the Rio.
    Please save me from the things I must have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    Although there has been much debate regarding Salmonlogic in recent post's!

I refer to their new lines; I fish with the loomis NRX 13' line weight 32 grams, I have been using the Rio short versitip #8 @ 31grams which seems a little light for me but this could be my casting!! also the #9 @ 35grams that shoots through the rod ring's (when I get the cast right,...) this may be a bit heavy.

Now looking at the salmonlogic line @ 33grams I would say this line would be a perfect match for my rod. Anyway I phoned Mike from AM Angling and purchased one. I will let you know how I get on with the line after a few more lessons with Dexter next week up in Ayrshire. Actually I will ask Dexter to give a report on the line compared with the Rio.
    Good luck with the Salmologic line. They are great lines on rods under 14ft. If you think the 9wt Rio Scandi feels a bit heavy don't be surprised if the 33g feels a bit heavy also. On rods that match the Rio Scandi 9wt I would use a 31g Salmologic head. Keep us posted.
    Cheers Diarmid.