Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default What a difference some water makes!

During the first week of June, two low-pressure systems brought heavy rain and strong winds to many parts of the country. Most rivers across Scotland had a decent spate. This was long overdue as there had been very little rain since March. The rivers got a good clean out and now in mid-June, conditions are much fresher. This has encouraged decent numbers of fresh salmon and grilse to enter our rivers, which is great news. Across the length and breadth of the country, many rivers are in excellent...READ MORE Scotland's first online salmon fishing magazine | SSFS
    Attached Images Attached Images

The rise in water fairly helped with Salmon catches but it does not tell us much about the different stocks of the rivers. On most rivers the spring catches were down was it due to low water, June is looking good and if there is another rise in water the catches will look great , but how many of these fish are spring fish that have being in the river for weeks or even months ?.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishSalmonFishingSurgery View Post
    During the first week of June, two low-pressure systems brought heavy rain and strong winds to many parts of the country. Most rivers across Scotland had a decent spate. This was long overdue as there had been very little rain since March. The rivers got a good clean out and now in mid-June, conditions are much fresher. This has encouraged decent numbers of fresh salmon and grilse to enter our rivers, which is great news. Across the length and breadth of the country, many rivers are in excellent...READ MORE Scotland's first online salmon fishing magazine | SSFS
    Wow: That's as big as my shotgun.

Well done Sir.
    Please save me from the things I must have!!!