Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Ive got kold kutters in my felt soles and ive not lost one yet. All i did was heat up a bolt with the oxy acetylene torch in my work shop and melt the top layer of felt where each stud was going and screw them in when its still gooey and they are in there solid and not going anywhere. I know most havent got accsess to a welding torch but im sure a gas hob would get it warm enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yes i just heat a knife on the stove and melt a slit where i intend to put stud and simply screw it in job done and no losses yet as the nylon hardens and fixes them in place,just screwing them in without preparation is no good and losses are great as i found out when first doing them
    Last edited by dexterbuchanan1; 22-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

I just heat a darning needle up with a candle. Same results with the melted fibers in the sole creating a thicker wall in which the screws can be yanked up tight.

I also use Kold kutters and never lost one thus far.
    I would also like to say half way into the season and they still grip like a limpet on the river bed/rocks and at a fraction of the price of Simms Hardbites which I see are now 25 for 20 is it?

Mine are great on slippy rocks and gravel. Not so great on wet grass or mud but you are allways going to get that with felt. I would rather slip on the bank than when waist high in a river so it suits me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

image.jpg
    Attempted to fix my 2 year old Simms again, all the seams pi$$ing out of them.... Bought new vison ikons a couple of months back and they leaked.... Bloody waders

Another vote for orvis silver sonics. Mine are on their 4th season and I do not treat them kindly - they have outlasted 3 pairs of wading boots, and the only repairs needed have been holes caused by me being careless walking through brambles etc while sea trout fishing at night.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678