Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rain and Fish required

West coast must also be having a tough old time of it too when you look at the River Lochy's returns to date.

I sincerely hope the club are at least catching a few down at the Tail race ( Outflow from the alumimium plant into the river near the estuary for those not familiar with the river).

Capture.JPG

I used to fish the Tailrace beat back in the 80s. in these days you got your permit from the Rod and Gun shop in Fort William.
    I went round to have a look at it a few years ago and was told by one of the locals that the local angling club had it now and were keeping it all to themselves.
    Seems a bit strange as I understand it was gifted to the town by Royal Charter away back about 14 oatcake so it is a great pity if this is the case. It is a super bit of water and the fish are all big and sealiced.
    In low water it fishes better than the expensive upper beats.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    West coast must also be having a tough old time of it too when you look at the River Lochy's returns to date.

I sincerely hope the club are at least catching a few down at the Tail race ( Outflow from the alumimium plant into the river near the estuary for those not familiar with the river).

Capture.JPG
    If you plan to go fishing, I'm sure the rain will come.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Cook

is that hoddam bridge? river annan

Quote Originally Posted by heather point View Post
    I used to fish the Tailrace beat back in the 80s. in these days you got your permit from the Rod and Gun shop in Fort William.
    I went round to have a look at it a few years ago and was told by one of the locals that the local angling club had it now and were keeping it all to themselves.
    Seems a bit strange as I understand it was gifted to the town by Royal Charter away back about 14 oatcake so it is a great pity if this is the case. It is a super bit of water and the fish are all big and sealiced.
    In low water it fishes better than the expensive upper beats.
    Hi HP
    The rods on the upper private beats can fish it if need be, one rod at a time along with mucomer at the very top of the river.
    like you I fished it during the mid 80s when the beats all had Ghillies employed.
    Different river back then!!

Quote Originally Posted by allysshrimp View Post
    If you plan to go fishing, I'm sure the rain will come.

A lonely man casting a lonely shadow
    Last edited by kingfisher; 19-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.

No rain please thank you very much, with the Kyle due to open on the first it is stuffed at the moment and if we get rain they'll be gone by opening day...

Quote Originally Posted by speers View Post
    is that hoddam bridge? river annan
    Aye ye can see the Ben from Annan.

Quote Originally Posted by Svardsvard View Post
    Aye ye can see the Ben from Annan.
    happy memories of the ben with snow, infact ive had some grand times around that area, Port Appin 25 years maybe more ago and then fishing the river Aline up near Oban. cracking spate river,
    be good to look up some old photos now.
    Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by carbisdale caster View Post
    No rain please thank you very much, with the Kyle due to open on the first it is stuffed at the moment and if we get rain they'll be gone by opening day...
    good luck with the Kyle, I hope you start the season well, ive done o.k so far , its always interesting fishing the mouth of a river , up and there gone, down and they hang a little, but ,im seeing they are running through the night.
    good hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast