Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Voseller s3 salmon fly reel

Voseller s3 salmon fly reel
    Mint condition and used less than half a dozen times.comes with original pouch
    Looking to swap for a heavier salmon fly reel
    Pm if you have anything to swap
    Attached Images Attached Images received_1378629268863816-jpg received_1378628055530604-jpg 
    Last edited by longchuck; 21-04-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Better to add weight to the rod butt, and keep that super reel.Another disadvantage of a heavy reel is the is that its weight is unbalanced to the centre of the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by inco View Post
    Better to add weight to the rod butt, and keep that super reel.Another disadvantage of a heavy reel is the is that its weight is unbalanced to the centre of the rod.
    Why would you want to balance the reel to the centre of the rod? Never heard of that before.
    Last edited by porteouz; 21-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by porteouz View Post
    Why would you want to balance the reel to the centre of the rod? Never heard of that before.
    Obviously you you cannot, but a heavy reel increases the twisting effect, and if you hold the rod lightly between thumb and finger it has greater effect.
    I use a Vosseler S3 reel and think it Superb. I have also added lead into the hollow butt end of a rod. I explained how I did it on an earlier thread.
    Last edited by inco; 21-04-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Just to add the method to balance a rod for underhand casting, used by rod makers Century and Bloke is to add weight to the butt end.

Default More

Quote Originally Posted by inco View Post
    Obviously you you cannot, but a heavy reel increases the twisting effect, and if you hold the rod lightly between thumb and finger it has greater effect.
    I use a Vosseler S3 reel and think it Superb. I have also added lead into the hollow butt end of a rod. I explained how I did it on an earlier thread.
    What is the 'twisting effect?'
    Can you elaborate more re; holding the rod between thumb and finger?
    Thank you.

I hope this link will explain it better than I can. You can see how a heavy reel will try to turn the rod.

Bump
    Reel is still available for swap
    Pm any interest

I have an s2 and s3 anybody looking for another fly reel should be all over this great bit of kit