Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Sunray Fly Lines

Hi All.

Recently discovered these on a random Google moment.
    They are thinner than the old greased lines but as heavy as a modern line with modern tapers.
    The idea being that they cut through the wind better and land with far less disturbance.
    Wondered if anyone had seen or tried them?
    Last edited by GeeZedTee; 20-04-2017 at 03:29 PM.

George, I know Tom well, he is doing a good job but having a lot more success with his micro thin trout lines of which I have a few.

I played around in a field with one of his salmon rods and lines and it was good but it was a field and I wouldn't want to recommend something I had not fished with.

FWIW he got a bit of stick on here for the design of one of his sinking heads but thats Tom in a nutshell, he is always experimenting.

Default Sunray lines

Quote Originally Posted by yespsb View Post
    George, I know Tom well, he is doing a good job but having a lot more success with his micro thin trout lines of which I have a few.

I played around in a field with one of his salmon rods and lines and it was good but it was a field and I wouldn't want to recommend something I had not fished with.

FWIW he got a bit of stick on here for the design of one of his sinking heads but thats Tom in a nutshell, he is always experimenting.
    Thanks for the reply. At the moment there is a 100 day back order for the line I'm interested, so I'll just have wait and see.

Default Sunray lines

Quote Originally Posted by GeeZedTee View Post
    Thanks for the reply. At the moment there is a 100 day back order for the line I'm interested, so I'll just have wait and see.
    Waiting time down to 1 month.