Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A bit of casting practice

Some footage i shot on monday on the tidal waters trying out the OPST Lazer running line where i had some clear space for casting instead of up where i normally fish where its tight fishing with trees and lots of undergrowth.
    I was talking away about it but when i got home i found i had turned off the sound on the camera..Dohh.
    This mono running line is the best i,v used with no memory once i had a few casts,and flies out with no tangles.It also doesn,t sink at your feet in slow or dead water as much as other mono lines i,v used,which can hinder the line going out.This is the 40lb with a 540 grain Rage head and a 10ft fast sink Poly leader.

This is my fishing rod!.
    There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Without me,my rod is useless!.
    Without my rod,i am useless!.

Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
    Rod?
    Its a Vision Nite Catapult 13-1/2ft.
    This is my fishing rod!.

Ive never used mono for running line. What is it like for retrieving , can you get a good grip on it. I struggle with glass type lines due to my auld engineering hands so how is mono for gripping?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanT View Post
    Ive never used mono for running line. What is it like for retrieving , can you get a good grip on it. I struggle with glass type lines due to my auld engineering hands so how is mono for gripping?
    This mono is quite thin and slick so it may not be suitable for you with your hands being the way they are.
    This is my fishing rod!.

Bought this line when it first came out, after following the instructions for the recommended knot for forming the front loop, each time during the application of tightening the the knot on the line, "SNAP" every time, so I had to return the line. No confidence in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfly View Post
    Bought this line when it first came out, after following the instructions for the recommended knot for forming the front loop, each time during the application of tightening the the knot on the line, "SNAP" every time, so I had to return the line. No confidence in it at all.
    I just used a figure of 8 knot.When i had tied it i put the loop around a door handle and gave it a really good pull and its very strong.
    Its the only knot i ever use when making any loops in mono.
    This is my fishing rod!.

Smile OPST or RIO

Hi Bushwhacker, have you ever used the Rio connect core running line,s and if so how would you rate them against the OPST Laser line ,as i am looking for a new running line Thanks.

Default Drennan greased weasel

Quote Originally Posted by tony w View Post
    i am looking for a new running line
    Drennan 'Greased Weasel' is popular with some, inexpensive too, 30lb for U.K. and Ireland, 40 lb for Norway.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

Default Lazar

I must support Bushwhacker on his opinion of Lazar. As I've said elsewhere, I've tried most running lines but I have found this one, in my opinion, the best. Shoots really easily, floats, is knot friendly - perfection loop - and has not let me down. I use the 40 pound stuff for home waters and have got some of the 50 pound stuff for the holidays. It is pricey for mono but in the scheme of things ...
    Last edited by JACK POWER; 23-04-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast