Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BIRSE Trip - 24th April 2017

I am off up to Birse next week and will endeavour to pop some pics and a report here when I return.

In the meantime, if anyone with religious connections could please ask their contact to have a word with the Almighty about affording Deeside some rain this week in readiness, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are staying at the Boat in Aboyne until Thursday 27th. Pop in for a pint if you like - I'll be in my cups at the bar no doubt (although the group I am with make me look like the leader of the Temperance League!) so make yourself known and I'll furnish you with a libation........or don't and I won't.

Chin chin
    Mark

Hidden Content

Dulcissime prohibitum sapit pomum

Checked into The Boat. Very nice and right next to the river.

The river looks quite low - but that was always going to be the case as we know.

Met some nice folk from Spalding who are fishing Dess for the next 3 days.

Forecast is appalling.

Now it's time for a drink.

Happy days.
    Mark

Hidden Content

Best of luck Mark. Thermals looking essential.
    I am on Cairnton on thursday.
    Rob
    Last edited by Bennachie; 23-04-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Fished Birse at the beginning of the month for two days and also Dess and Crathes Castle with a group of Swedish guys.
    Check out my blog and this one home - fiskebloggen.com . Use the translator or right click on the page and use Translate. Info is on the Dee 2017 pages.

On a day like this.....

img_1758-jpg

You need this.......

img_1759-jpg
    Mark

Hidden Content

Pass on my regards to Graham, the gillie, from Alan the Englishman in the Swedish party.

Get stuck in to the Jumbo breaded haddock and chips - it might be the biggest fish of your trip - hopefully not but the Boat and that meal in particular always hit the spot on visits to Deeside.

Tight lines

Richard

Hope things warm up a bit before our first visit there in June. Glad to hear that Graeme is still there as he did not have confirmation of his full time appointment confirmed for this year when we last fished there in September last year. Hope things improve for you the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    Pass on my regards to Graham, the gillie, from Alan the Englishman in the Swedish party.
    Will do.
    Mark

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by fishpond View Post
    Get stuck in to the Jumbo breaded haddock and chips - it might be the biggest fish of your trip - hopefully not but the Boat and that meal in particular always hit the spot on visits to Deeside.

Tight lines

Richard
    I did - it's huge! Lovely though.
    Mark

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast