Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    That's an awful lota money for a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And they have the nerve to charge $3.99 postage

Quote Originally Posted by nore fly View Post
    Any news from beltra and carrowmore have a day on each next week...
    https://twitter.com/loughbeltra

Angling Updates Bangor Erris 5th- 7th April – Bangor Erris Angling
    Last edited by tenet; 13-04-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks for all the info .had a really enjoyable day on carrowmore today..nice Lough...the boat jetty is a credit to the club....had a gent of a ghillie , (pm me and I can pass on his contact details )...alas no salmon but will fish it again soon...passed beltra on the way in the morning nd back in the evening and saw no boats out.should I be worried as I am fishing it tomorrow
    Last edited by nore fly; 19-04-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Any Co-op boats would be drifting hard under the East shore parallel to the road so difficult to see if driving, notwithstanding, the lake is never crowded. If you have Eamonn Kennedy as your boatman you will have an enjoyable day and every chance of raising or catching a fish.
    Was Martin your boatman on Carrowmore? - a true gent. Whatever enjoy Beltra as its certainly a magical place.

Cheers

Yes Martin was my carrowmore guide.....was on beltra yesterday and as I thought the lake was low for the last 3 weeks and no one was fishing...which is always a bad sign...weather was perfect cloud and wind...first cast and I hooked a nice salmon Parr which is always nice to see.....over the morning we saw two salmon splashing in the lake...I got one good pull and nothing else for the morning session. .after lunch my mate had a savage rise at his dropper and the fish missed are else saw the boat and retreated ..a drift or two later in a different part of the lake we had another salmon head and tail at my files but again fell short of hooking.....so we came close but no cigar....had two nice days in the mayo ..learned loads and can't wait to return sooner than later...
    Last edited by nore fly; 21-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123