Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  216
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Speech

That's for 6 trips and 32 days including travel.
    I promised myself that I would spend the money I managed to save during my working life enjoying myself as you can't take it with you. So Scotland gains.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    That's for 6 trips and 32 days including travel.
    I promised myself that I would spend the money I managed to save during my working life enjoying myself as you can't take it with you. So Scotland gains.

What about the kids?? If you haven't got any what about my kids!!!
    Piscator Non Solum Piscatur

Sorted my kids years ago. They will be welcome to what's left

Seems like Nicola may have misjudged the feeling of the majority of Scots.
    Blow for Sturgeon as support for Scottish independence PLUMMETS lower than 2014 - Your Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    There is a big difference between need and want. 10 years ago most Non Scottish Brits would have been in favour of Scotland remaining in the U.K, but the incessant anti English posturing by the SNP and their supporters has certainly hardened attitudes. Of the people I know, and not just from England, who have no connection to Scotland most now would be happy to see Scotland leave the union. Personally I find this sad but unsurprising. The independence debate is almost entirely fuelled by emotion, on both sides, and this makes any rational debate almost impossible, again this suits the nationalists.

Personally I see nationalism as a threat to the future prosperity of mankind. If we can't grasp the concept that we all live on the same planet and need to manage our impact holistically we have no real long term future. Insular nationalism has broken out across the world with Putin, Trump and Brexit all demonstrating a "me first" spproach. I hope Scotland will not follow in those footsteps.
    I wondered when Putin,Trump and Brexit would be thrown in the hat, I and most I know hope the Scots never leave the Union for multiple reasons.

I suppose its who you speak to, a bit like the oft quoted polls.

The Scots have great affiliation with those up north, the Liverpudlians and Geordies for example,cut from the same cloth and working mans roots, if we could just slip the border down a bit I'm sure all this would settle down.🙂

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by Don CurlyHorny View Post
    I`ll say it again....none of the English really want or feel they need us "sweaties" (or the other hangers on as so eloquently put earlier in the thread), never have, never will. With oor ginger hair, funny accents, lack of sporting prowess, battered mars bars, shitey weather and bad gene pool. You can feel that theme right here on SFF, running right through this thread, with its disproportionate comments the majority from the other side of the wall. Thats ok though, we are used to that imperialism and pompous approach.

For my part at least this couldn't be further from reality.

I got married in Scotland, I have salmon fished and spent countless thousands in your bars over the last 15 years, and have even worked there a great deal in the energy sector.

I don't want you to leave as Scotland adds a great deal to the UK and is a stunning country. Arguably we don't NEED you but that's not the point; we want you!

The contempt and hatred rely appears yo be from the other side, in particular NS.

Oscar.

Arguably we don't NEED you but that's not the point; we want you!

Love it 🙂

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    For my part at least this couldn't be further from reality.

I got married in Scotland, I have salmon fished and spent countless thousands in your bars over the last 15 years, and have even worked there a great deal in the energy sector.

I don't want you to leave as Scotland adds a great deal to the UK and is a stunning country. Arguably we don't NEED you but that's not the point; we want you!

The contempt and hatred rely appears yo be from the other side, in particular NS.

Oscar.
    Exactly ... in the past Scotland has needed us, and we have needed Scotland and it will continue to be that way. When one is down, the other may be up ... long let the union continue.

I may be British-English but have British-Scottish ancestry, my fathers and his very wide family were members of the Ealing and District Scottish Society that kept traditions alive in the West London Area. A large proportion of my friends are Scottish - from Aberdeen and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollowick View Post
    Exactly ... in the past Scotland has needed us, and we have needed Scotland and it will continue to be that way. When one is down, the other may be up ... long let the union continue.

I may be British-English but have British-Scottish ancestry, my fathers and his very wide family were members of the Ealing and District Scottish Society that kept traditions alive in the West London Area. A large proportion of my friends are Scottish - from Aberdeen and above.
    That of course is one of the great strengths of the Union. Diversity of views also makes for better decisions.

Defining race is neither easy or, usually, productive. I have a mate who is born in Scotland and considers himself a Scot, but by ancestry is more English than me. By ancestry I'm only a quarter English, but support England in the Rugby. I suspect Seeking would describe me as a straying mongrel, but I'll stick to British!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast