Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  193
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
    Sorry for delay gents, back to a maelstrom of work
    and only now getting time to sort through my post. So far have 8 sets (incl mine) as follows:
    scott
    mark
    paul
    brian
    gary w
    richard
    colin
    me

Still waiting on 2, canewizard and deanevans (I think), and once in will sort out and return.

ps: thanks to those who included some extras, and especially to colin for the tying materials, much appreciated and will be used!
    Mine should be with you in the morning Gary sorry gents if it's me holding everything up Dean

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

No problem Dean, you're not the last! Canewizard's tend to take longer in the post as they come from Germany, but shouldn't be long before you get your first flyswap set to give a swim

Whilst on, can I just remind everyone that if you catch a fish on one of the flies from the swap remember and post, would make someone's day

Canewizard, your flies arrived this morning, and with Dean's in transit should have them all in early next week ready to sort and send out.
    Gary

Bad news gents, Dean's flies were sent last week but haven't arrived so would seem to have got lost
    in the post (or my postie who also fishes has knicked them ).

Have spoken to Dean and rather than hold things up further whilst he ties another set you will each receive just 9 flies this time, or 10 if I can dig out some spare shrimps.

Shame for Dean as its his first swap and I know he'll have spent a lot of time tying his set, but at least he and everyone else gets a a cracking set of flies to fish through the summer.

Got a note through door yesterday from PO re a parcel that the full postage hadn't been paid on and lo and behold it's Dean's flies, so we have the full complement! Will get them sorted and sent out asap, probably weekend before I get time.
    Gary

Managed to get some time tonight to sort out the swap so will be in post tomorrow. Apologies for delay guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
    Managed to get some time tonight to sort out the swap so will be in post tomorrow. Apologies for delay guys.
    No worries Gary, like you I've got a lot on at the moment and I'll bet this takes up surprising amounts of time, usually at the wrong end of the day.

Thanks for putting it together.

You mean you have a life other than organizing fly swaps, what a cheek!!!!

Looking forward to receiving this months offerings, more important to wetting them, thanks in advance for arranging the swap.

All flies posted and winging their way to you letterboxes!

Getting to a busy time of year (holidays, lots of fishing and impending house move for me) and tends to be difficult to get the numbers for the swaps, so unless someone wants to take over I'm proposing a break until the Autumn, restarting in October. Hope this suits everyone.

Gary

Good idea Gary and thanks for organising the ones so far.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast