Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  193
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Fly swap

It looks like I will have time to join the swap if it's not too late.
    Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by billy fish View Post
    It looks like I will have time to join the swap if it's not too late.
    Colin.
    Just one from me then
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post
    Just one from me then

It's too late to back out, I'm afraid.

Excellent, we have the 10 tyers needed, front page amended

Finally got Peter O'Reilly's book of Irish patterns and given his comments I'll be doing a Foxford Shrimp, pic will follow but will be sticking to his pattern.

Default Vambeck

I thought I would go for the Vambeck - our non Irish members may know it as a silver stoat variant.I first saw it on the Owenmore (Mayo) about 10 years ago and it is very much a go to summer tail fly for me on both the Owenmore and Slaney and is good for both salmon and seatrout.
    As this is a low water swap I have used #10 hooks which are on the small side. Peter O'Reilly's book talks of tying it it between 6 and 12. I hope to get the rest done over the next week or so.
    vam-beck-jpg

My entry this month, a Foxford Shrimp tied on #8 single for those who have restrictions on other hooks. Tied to Peter O'Reilly's recommended proportions, ie 3/5ths and 2/5ths body, mid hackle reaching back of hook and front hackle to hook point and tail just over hook length. Hope you all like
    Attached Images Attached Images image-jpg 
    Last edited by GaryD; 24-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.

It took a lot not to tie another Silver Stoat or a Dunkeld or Silver March Brown but eventually I managed it. A Coachman on #12 double, or B175 #10 for SlaneyBS. Got the idea from an old post by 'Pendejo'.

img_0674-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    It took a lot not to tie another Silver Stoat or a Dunkeld or Silver March Brown but eventually I managed it. A Coachman on #12 double, or B175 #10 for SlaneyBS. Got the idea from an old post by 'Pendejo'.

img_0674-jpg
    Very nice! I don't mind if mine is tied on a B175 if you want to save your doubles?

Most of my own summer stuff is on those hooks and I have complete confidence in them.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

[QUOTE=Grassy_Knollington;962277]It took a lot not to tie another Silver Stoat or a Dunkeld or Silver March Brown but eventually I managed it. A Coachman on #12 double, or B175 #10 for SlaneyBS. Got the idea from an old post by 'Pendejo'.

GK
    Many thanks for thinking of me!

I will in the UK later in the week so will drop into a post office to post mine from there and will be able to include an SAE with the correct make of stamp for Gary for a change.

Brian
    Last edited by Slaneybs; 27-03-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast