Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Tweed Salmon Fishing Report – April 9, 2017

It was a good week last week with over 100 fish reportedly caught with many being fresh and sea-liced.* The general size of fish was what you would generally expect Tweed Springers to be; 6-8lbs with a few in the teens.
    However, just to keep us on our toes, the Matioli party on Junction had a great time catching numerous fish all on the fly.* Black and yellow as usual was the successful pattern/colour to be fishing with!* Messrs Britton and Reid also had a good few days at Sprouston.* Junction broke the 100 Spring fish bar so far for the season last week, with the vast majority caught on fly.* This gives a fair idea of what a great season they are having so far.
    The weather is definitely changing with the season’s moving into Spring but feeling like Summer when the sun is out.* The banks are adorned with Daffodils, wildlife is now prolific and water levels and clarity are fining down, making the cold icy chills of winter a thing of the past!
    Tight lines to all for the forthcoming week.

Article Source...

cracking day on a mid river beat yesterday fishing a friends rod who had to leave early-fish on within 5 minutes of starting-played for a good 5 minutes then it fell off-saw it once and it was mid teens-dam Thinks I thats it for the day-however couple of hours later-same place and fly and I net a liced 8lb fish to kick my season off, the wind was awful in the afternoon but what the heck this gentlemans fishing lark-start at 9 -coffee at 11 lunch at 1 etc etc I could get used to!

Quote Originally Posted by long Preston View Post
    cracking day on a mid river beat yesterday fishing a friends rod who had to leave early-fish on within 5 minutes of starting-played for a good 5 minutes then it fell off-saw it once and it was mid teens-dam Thinks I thats it for the day-however couple of hours later-same place and fly and I net a liced 8lb fish to kick my season off, the wind was awful in the afternoon but what the heck this gentlemans fishing lark-start at 9 -coffee at 11 lunch at 1 etc etc I could get used to!
    Well done, that's the pressure off😊 sounds like you had a good day

Cheers
    MM

Default Tweed Netting underway at Gardo.......Again !!!

Here we go again ! Gardo nets have started netting Spring fish again -

https://www.tweedbeats.com/news/23_a...news_editorial

Unbelievable really when there are so few fish around.
    Last edited by Chicharito; 23-04-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Here we go again ! Gardo nets have started netting Spring fish again -

https://www.tweedbeats.com/news/23_a...news_editorial

Unbelievable really when there are so few fish around.
    I'm not sure I understand why killing fish in April is bad and killing fish in July is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why killing fish in April is bad and killing fish in July is ok?
    With stocks the way they are on the Tweed I can't understand why commercial in river netting is allowed at all.
    And if runs don't improve on last year's poor season , it will surely be only a matter of time before catch and release rules will be applied.

Got the chance of a freebie to fish at Newbiggin this Friday, is it really worth me taking the day off work?
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I would say not a lot of difference.

However and I am assuming here as I don't know the location of the Gardo nets, but if they started in July then the fragile Spring run will be off up stream out of (netting) harms way to some degree.

I write this with the deafening sound of hailstones battering off the office window!!
    We need water in any shape or form

The Gardo nets are just a tourist attraction taking a few boxes here and there. In the grand scheme of things they are just a p*** in the ocean for what affect they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer.”

Are there any fish?

W&Ds fine specimen appears to have been a loner........lot of money being paid on "best" beats for **** all.........doesn't bode well for the future if Spring collapses like the back end....not good at all

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast