Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cork & filler

The reason for the thinner chives, anybodies guess, other than that it is normal AAA cork and even on that lots of filler is visible.

Are there any rods using a flat section on the top of the upper handle for the thumb to sit on ? Ive allways thought my handles would feel better in the hand if the upper cork had a flat ish section for my thumb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Are there any rods using a flat section on the top of the upper handle for the thumb to sit on ? Ive allways thought my handles would feel better in the hand if the upper cork had a flat ish section for my thumb.

Make it flat yourself, simple job with scratch paper, 600 -800 gauge. Just remember sanding / filler

The rod i mentioned yesterday about the handle needing filling isnt half as bad as the seller said on the phone. My old rods are loads worse and ive not even thought about filling them

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    The rod i mentioned yesterday about the handle needing filling isnt half as bad as the seller said on the phone. My old rods are loads worse and ive not even thought about filling them

Sounds like you had a result

Sent from my desktop W7 using a keyboard
    Last edited by Bonito; 07-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.

I think so as he knocked it down by 1/3 and threw in free overnight postage before i had even asked.

Question Which is best way

The cork on my DTX has developed a few good sized holes. I've never tackled a cork repair before, what materials do I need to fill and finish the handle and where do I acquire them, thanks.

M
    Start ankle deep with a short line, all wild fish go back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12