Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Oh Dear..What a surprise!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Default Oh Dear..What a surprise!!

Queens champion spaniel accused of being a mongrel.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.tel...im-should/amp/

Last edited by simon grace; 07-01-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    Jockiescott likes this.
    Piscator Non Solum Piscatur

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ONE will not be amused!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I bet if you could compare a pre WW2 cocker with a current one you'd notice considerable differences too.

Surely breeds are evolving & changing all the time? & a bit of variety in the blood line over time must help reduce some of the horrible defects from in-breeding we see in show dogs.

I can understand if it was twice the size of other cockers, but the little shoot I'm in has a lot of lads with cockers (almost all actually) & there is considerable variation between them in size & appearance anyway.

In your' opinion is this a valid complaint about a deliberate crossing to gain an advantage Simon? Or is it sour' grapes by those who lost?

Regards, Tyke.
    Last edited by Tyke; 07-01-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    In your' opinion is this a valid complaint about a deliberate crossing to gain an advantage Simon? Or is it sour' grapes by those who lost?
    Over the last few years Spaniel field trials have become toxic to the extent that I'm considering this being my last season as regards field trialling.
    Theres too much cheating,back slapping,doing each other favours and people favouritism.If your face doesnt fit or your're not in "the club" you might aswell forget it!!!
    Its not only me thats thinking like this either.Its an unfair playing field right now because of blatant cheating.As soon as a draw for a trial comes in the post you can depending on who's judging know by the runners who's in with a chance and who's going to come away with nothing.
    A judge I know from the North East professed to being honest and truthfull in an article in one of the shooting mags when it comes to judging trials.He happens to be one of the bentest cheating **** I know...If he's judging I don't even bother filling the entry in.
    Last edited by simon grace; 07-01-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    CWD likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

That's a shame Simon, but I've heard similar comments as to the judgeing before - I suppose as many judges are them selves probably breeders or competitors on other occasions then there are vested interests which shouldn't be there.

I've shot on a few field trials & the award made by the guns was always interesting to compare with the judging.

Regards, Tyke.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    That's a shame Simon, but I've heard similar comments as to the judgeing before - I suppose as many judges are them selves probably breeders or competitors on other occasions then there are vested interests which shouldn't be there.

I've shot on a few field trials & the award made by the guns was always interesting to compare with the judging.

Regards, Tyke.
    Agree with all the above Tyke..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

But didn't cockers and springers originate from exactly the same dogs. Just a size difference.

So hardly a 'crossbreed' more a return to the original?

Anyway, the article was in the Sun

As my best mates Grandad used to say, back in the day. 'It's tits that sell it and tits than buy it'.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Over the last few years Spaniel field trials have become toxic to the extent that I'm considering this being my last season as regards field trialling.
    Theres too much cheating,back slapping,doing each other favours and people favouritism.If your face doesnt fit or your're not in "the club" you might aswell forget it!!!
    Its not only me thats thinking like this either.Its an unfair playing field right now because of blatant cheating.As soon as a draw for a trial comes in the post you can depending on who's judging know by the runners who's in with a chance and who's going to come away with nothing.
    A judge I know from the North East professed to being honest and truthfull in an article in one of the shooting mags when it comes to judging trials.He happens to be one of the bentest cheating **** I know...If he's judging I don't even bother filling the entry in.
    How sad, the more so the love and passion that enthusiasts put into the sport.
    Paul White likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Having run my own shoot for over 30 years and shot in field trials for 15 years plus. I have seen all sorts of dogs good and bad BUT when the chips are down give me my springador or any cross bred dog they are very clever have a great level of intelligence are fantastic company and while they may not win a field trial they will out work every dog in the field.
    AlanT likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tippet321 View Post
    Having run my own shoot for over 30 years and shot in field trials for 15 years plus. I have seen all sorts of dogs good and bad BUT when the chips are down give me my springador or any cross bred dog they are very clever have a great level of intelligence are fantastic company and while they may not win a field trial they will out work every dog in the field.
    I dont have a problem with any cross breed however theyre bred but I do have a problem with running cross breeds in field trials.It goes against absolutley everything that trialing stands for..
    Last edited by simon grace; 08-01-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast