Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Oh Dear..What a surprise!!

MIK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tippet321 View Post
    Having run my own shoot for over 30 years and shot in field trials for 15 years plus. I have seen all sorts of dogs good and bad BUT when the chips are down give me my springador or any cross bred dog they are very clever have a great level of intelligence are fantastic company and while they may not win a field trial they will out work every dog in the field.
    I have to agree regarding cross breeds when it comes to some types like lurchers and terriers but for gun dogs I can only go with what I have seen and I have saw some decent crosses mostly sprockers but lab spaniel or lab pointer or spaniel pointer crosses I have never saw on that is as good as a becent pure breed....as I have said many times before all the problems that exist in the dog world whether it's gundogs ,showdogs ,lurchers ,terriers or just your run of the mill pets is money
    westie4566 likes this.

Is it not simply the case that owning a FTW or a FTCH dog becomes a licence to print money
    with every 'average' ***** - female dog - (and owner) beating a path to have their 'bit of rough' lined up with royalty ?

I think the organisers of these events have everything 'under control' so to speak.
    Last edited by Long Shot; 08-01-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    westie4566 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Over the last few years Spaniel field trials have become toxic to the extent that I'm considering this being my last season as regards field trialling.
    Theres too much cheating,back slapping,doing each other favours and people favouritism.If your face doesnt fit or your're not in "the club" you might aswell forget it!!!
    Its not only me thats thinking like this either.Its an unfair playing field right now because of blatant cheating.As soon as a draw for a trial comes in the post you can depending on who's judging know by the runners who's in with a chance and who's going to come away with nothing.
    A judge I know from the North East professed to being honest and truthfull in an article in one of the shooting mags when it comes to judging trials.He happens to be one of the bentest cheating **** I know...If he's judging I don't even bother filling the entry in.
    Simon

That's very sad to hear, but, myself, having ditched field trialling some 15 years ago due to cheating, two faced, twisting, back stabbing, fiddling ***** who liked to call themselves impartial judges and honest breeders .... am not surprised you have taken this view !
    I ran labs not spaniels by the way

Cheers

Bob
    westie4566 and big P like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Shot View Post
    Is it not simply the case that owning a FTW or a FTCH dog becomes a licence to print money
    with every 'average' ***** - female dog - (and owner) beating a path to have their 'bit of rough' lined up with royalty ?

I think the organisers of these events have everything 'under control' so to speak.
    That's the scenario that brought me my lovely rescue springer!

F*ckwits who saw pound signs and bought up good stock to breed off. All FTCH in her pedigree....and I have been asked to take a litter of her by shooting friends.

THAT will not be happening!!!

She's been through that *******s before....and never again.

She's just my daft spangle pal!
    Chicharito likes this.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Over the last few years Spaniel field trials have become toxic to the extent that I'm considering this being my last season as regards field trialling.
    Theres too much cheating,back slapping,doing each other favours and people favouritism.If your face doesnt fit or your're not in "the club" you might aswell forget it!!!
    Its not only me thats thinking like this either.Its an unfair playing field right now because of blatant cheating.As soon as a draw for a trial comes in the post you can depending on who's judging know by the runners who's in with a chance and who's going to come away with nothing.
    A judge I know from the North East professed to being honest and truthfull in an article in one of the shooting mags when it comes to judging trials.He happens to be one of the bentest cheating **** I know...If he's judging I don't even bother filling the entry in.
    openly admitting I don't know very much about spaniel field trials, although owned and adore cockers, I take it your dogs didn't win simon? I wonder how many bottles of sour wine could be made from that big bunch of sour grapes?
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    Simon

That's very sad to hear, but, myself, having ditched field trialling some 15 years ago due to cheating, two faced, twisting, back stabbing, fiddling ***** who liked to call themselves impartial judges and honest breeders .... am not surprised you have taken this view !
    I ran labs not spaniels by the way

Cheers

Bob
    Its still going on Bob.There are more and more handlers now showing their displeasure on the day which is putting judges under pressure to make the right decision and if the right decision is made then everyone leaves the trial happy in the knowledge its been a fair trial weather youre dog is a winner or not.
    With three seconds last year and second every time to the same person I must say I was beginning to get a bit ****** off with it..
    CWD likes this.
    Piscator Non Solum Piscatur

All that said there was no doubt who won today.There was nothing to touch her..Great end to the season!!
    20170128_170715.jpg
    ibm59, Roag Fisher, SP8 and 6 others like this.
    Piscator Non Solum Piscatur

Well done simon you'll be a happy man tonight

Congratulationd to you and your dog Simon

All that said there was no doubt who won today.There was nothing to touch her..Great end to the season!!
    20170128_170715.jpg
    Well done. Getting back to your OP would the Judge there be the same chap who trains the Queens spaniels?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast