Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  62
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It has reached 6 degrees at Umba today with above freezing temps forecast for the next fortnight. Normally the ice break there around the 1st of May. This year?

Hi Guys,
    I am travelling to the Glomma for grayling for a week around midsummer for my 40th birthday.
    I was hoping to have a cast on one of the salmon rivers for 1 or 2 days.
    What do you think is the best strategy to get onto one of the salmon rivers? I would love a day on the Gaula because I have heard so much about it and watched so many videos but I am not sure if I can fish it on a day ticket.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    Liam

Liam,

the Stjordal is by far the easiest to get onto day ticket wise, and the locals are pretty friendly and helpful. The "association" water is extensive from the source to the sea, so unless totally flooded, should always be possible to find a suitable spot.

PM me if you want more detailed info.

W&S

Quote Originally Posted by liamdenn View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am travelling to the Glomma for grayling for a week around midsummer for my 40th birthday.
    What do you think is the best strategy to get onto one of the salmon rivers? I would love a day on the Gaula because I have heard so much about it and watched so many videos but I am not sure if I can fish it on a day ticket.
    thanks
    Liam
    Hello,
    The best way to try to get a day ticket is to contact Gaula NaturSenter, in StÝren, which is approximately 2 hours and a half driving time from the Glomma valley. They might be able to help you. Their phone number is +4772431065 and their email address is gaula@gaula.no. They speak English, no problem. For The first two or even three first weeks of June, try to concentrate on beats below Gaulfossen, as only a few fish will take the falls if the water volume is above 300cbm/s and the water temp below 8 Celsius. You can always drop me a line, if you need more info. Tight lines!

Quote Originally Posted by liamdenn View Post
    Hi Guys,
    thanks
    Liam
    I am guiding on a private lower Gaula beat - 21st to 28th June for 3 rods - I could add a couple of days on at the start or end for you, then I could have a fish myself with you?

That would be amazing.
    We are finalising dates this week.
    I will pm you when flights etc are booked.
    Talk soon
    Liam

Quote Originally Posted by ureriver View Post
    I am guiding on a private lower Gaula beat - 21st to 28th June for 3 rods - I could add a couple of days on at the start or end for you, then I could have a fish myself with you?

Default Winter has arrived ...

Many places have seen the largest snowfall this season the last few days. And it will continue until thursday according to the met. It is strongly needed, large parts of central, eastern and southern Norway have had the lowest snow reserves for many decades.

The flow at Gaulfoss for instance, was way above the median and even above the 75% percentil the last week of March through the third week of April. At the moment it is below the 25% percentil, and snow is accumulating even i low lying areas.

On the other hand, some of the hydro reservoirs in the area (like Grana on the Orkla) have much higher reserves than usual. This is due to a combination of an unusually mild winter, a very wet late autumn/ early winter and meltwater in periods through the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus Nautilus View Post
    Many places have seen the largest snowfall this season the last few days. And it will continue until thursday according to the met. It is strongly needed, large parts of central, eastern and southern Norway have had the lowest snow reserves for many decades.

The flow at Gaulfoss for instance, was way above the median and even above the 75% percentil the last week of March through the third week of April. At the moment it is below the 25% percentil, and snow is accumulating even i low lying areas.

On the other hand, some of the hydro reservoirs in the area (like Grana on the Orkla) have much higher reserves than usual. This is due to a combination of an unusually mild winter, a very wet late autumn/ early winter and meltwater in periods through the winter.
    Bjorn,

many thanks. Your mission is to safeguard the snow and the water levels until I arrive in July

M

April 2017 has currently been reported the coldest April in over 80 years in the Trondheim Area.
    No sign of melting snow yet.

Whoopee! Now all we need is the temperature to remain below zero throughout May

Well, there's always hoping, isn't there.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast