Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  328
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wye 2017

Default Wye 2017

River looking good with the small rise from the recent rain running off. I hope the frosts have helped for a good spawning season.

2016 saw the best catch since 1996 with plenty of fish in the river. I am sure we all want the improvement to continue particularly with the big 3 Sea Winter Springers for which the river was famous. Some more 40 pounders would be nice, with at least one to my rod photographed and weighed of course.

Oh how I would like to start from the old opening date of 26th January.

Tight lines to all Wye fishermen and hope they stay on.

Default 40 pounder

Would love to see a 40 pounder come out of Ross waters just as they did in the distant past. I don't mind if you land it Richard. I'd be happy with a March like 2015 and the rest of the year just like 2016. This will be my first year since I retired properly from work so I need to work very hard on the excuses.

Plenty of work down there to do so we can fish off the bank when the levels are up.

Tightlines to all Wye fishers old and new for 2017
    Last edited by OURTREV; 04-01-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing kit for what I said I paid for it. from Koos Brandt.

Default ross ac

Happy New Year Trev and tight lines for 2017.

What work do you have in mind?

It would be great if a big fish was to come from the Ross a/c waters. They are in there. The difficulty is that following a biggy, which I was unable to do last season, on our waters is challenging with all of the bankside vegetation to negotiate.

However not long to wait now.

Quote Originally Posted by joffun View Post
    Happy New Year Trev and tight lines for 2017.

What work do you have in mind?

It would be great if a big fish was to come from the Ross a/c waters. They are in there. The difficulty is that following a biggy, which I was unable to do last season, on our waters is challenging with all of the bankside vegetation to negotiate.

However not long to wait now.
    There will be no vegetation in HP or GB after I've finished. The banks will be like a bowling green...
    Already messaged Richard, I understand you and he are going to do some work on the other bank. I am going to do a work party some when but one of my priorities is to get the water supply back on at the salmon hut.

Trev.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing kit for what I said I paid for it. from Koos Brandt.

Default hut

great idea. Hot coffee and Barra Brith takes some beating on a cold March day.

Visited friends on the banks of the wye below Rhayader yesterday. Quite a few redds to be seen as well as a good few carcasses of large cock fish. River looked far better than when I passed heading south on Sunday.

Hope it's been a good spawning.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Default Looking Good

Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    Visited friends on the banks of the wye below Rhayader yesterday. Quite a few redds to be seen as well as a good few carcasses of large cock fish. River looked far better than when I passed heading south on Sunday.

Hope it's been a good spawning.
    The River looks good anytime as far as I'm concerned, 43 days to go.

A month to go and a welcome week of rain after a very dry winter. Elan is still to overtop!

Few reports coming in of fish being seen moving but can't be sure if they are springers or kelts.

Default We're ready for the season

The white posts have all been painted. The bankside trees have been prodigiously trimmed, the minnows have been painted in new colours and the tube flies have all been tied. The boats are ready to go in the water all in all WE ARE READY...

20170213_162443-jpg

To whet your appetites here is a link to give you a nice warm glow.

On top of all that the River Wye looks perfect at the moment. Any bets on a 3 metre flood for the first day???

Trev.

Spring has sprung, water improving by the day for the lower beats , forecast is good for a week Friday lets hope we can all have a chance of a bar of silver
    Had a nice evening at the ghillies dinner on Friday , had a chat with Lynn Cobley hes only seen one kelt so far

Tight lines to everyone

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast