Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Tyne 2017

Default Tyne 2017

I'll start this with a wish for a good season for all those who fish the Tyne.

For those who follow Kielder releases, you should be aware of the current trial of a new release regime. Along with that is a new website Tyne Release Kielder which gives information on current and near future releases. I'm led to believe that some of the previous routes for telling people about releases may stop in favour of this.
    pond.olive, JJ, tynefisher and 9 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    I'll start this with a wish for a good season for all those who fish the Tyne.

For those who follow Kielder releases, you should be aware of the current trial of a new release regime. Along with that is a new website Tyne Release Kielder which gives information on current and near future releases. I'm led to believe that some of the previous routes for telling people about releases may stop in favour of this.
    Very useful information. Thanks for posting.
    pond.olive likes this.

With the fish pass and the new release program here is to a good 2017 season.
    pond.olive, Taddy and Pottsy like this.

Who was it wetting a line at Merryshields today? Lots of different pools available on the Fed since last time I fished it(2015)especially near Ovingham bridge area.
    Taddy likes this.
    Abdoocted by a Morris Dancing maniac.

Gpu

Hi chaps,

Up seeing relations in March. Is it worth giving Bywell a crack or would recommend somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

G
    Taddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpu View Post
    Hi chaps,

Up seeing relations in March. Is it worth giving Bywell a crack or would recommend somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

G
    always worth a go ,if you can get on i wouldnt look elsewhere
    Taddy likes this.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gpu View Post
    Hi chaps,

Thanks in advance

G
    Bywell Styford or Dilston-in that order at that time of year-always exceptions but generally Bywell is your best bet -unless of course we get a heatwave with mid teens degrees C and lovely running water-in which case pretty much anywhere
    Taddy, Nath and Pottsy like this.

Gpu

Thanks for that - I've got a couple of days towards the end of March.

Fingers crossed it's a good start to the season.

Best

G

I will be fishing the fed water this year for midweek fishing after work in the summer as its on my way home. Gets a bit busy on weekends ovingham and more chance of hooking a labradoodle than a fish lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So the Tyne opens Wednesday, what do people think the chances are there will be few springers about from opening week?

There hasn't been much high water over the winter, what effect if any will this have in them entering the system.

Bets on a fish coming off Bywell or Styford opening day 1/10?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast