Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mows
  • 1 Post By Cookie-boy

Thread: Favourite pool on the Northie

Default Favourite pool on the Northie

What is some of you lads favourite pool on the Northie .....mine is the Batts on Morphie a pool that is fished very differently depending on amount of water ..always holds a few fish .....closely followed by viaduct pool on Kinnaber ...not an easy pool to fish and see lad fishing it wrong all too often ...but if there is a fish drops into it they are easy to take.....sometimes ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by MIK View Post
    What is some of you lads favourite pool on the Northie .....mine is the Batts on Morphie a pool that is fished very differently depending on amount of water ..always holds a few fish .....closely followed by viaduct pool on Kinnaber ...not an easy pool to fish and see lad fishing it wrong all too often ...but if there is a fish drops into it they are easy to take.....sometimes ..lol
    I've only fished Gallery so my options are very limited! That said I still would struggle with a favourite. Probably Gallery then Cobbleheugh then Hatton Bend.

mid Wales, just over the Shropshire border

I've only fished Gallery, Kinaber and Stracathro, so again limited I have a soft spot for Ministers on Gallery, though I like the three that Loxie mentioned as well, I've had plenty of fish from the Gallery pool and Cobbleheugh....

Depends on time of year for me.
    Feb, March, I like the sneck on Burn estate.
    Come May, June then either the white rush at Invermark, or the lather pool at millden. The lower the water, the better.
    End of season, the Darlingford on Burn House in high water.
    However my all time favourite pool is the Loups, not for fishing, just for watching the fish every week from April onwards.
    Haven't fished Kinnaber, but had a look there last year. Looks nice.

Cheers

Mows
    Callum Imray and jigster1983 like this.

So many to choose from.............I'll plump for boatpool

Having fished Stracathro, Gallery, Auchmull and Gannochy Lodge, "Witches Pool" at Gannochy Lodge is my favourite. Great pool any time of the season.

Witches Pool.jpg
    Last edited by Cookie-boy; 03-01-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    Grassy_Knollington likes this.