Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Me n Her indoors have a Family deal with Vodaphone,us two and both sons, all with 6 s+ I phones,2 year contract, upped the data usage slightly,free texts lots of minutes and got a good deal, after reminding Vodaphone they'd loose 4 customers if they didn't capitulate.
    They're expensive technical phones, best with good warranty etc for peace of mind-just bung em back to Vodaphone or t'Apple shop.
    Less than the advertised rates by a satisfactory margin.I also find Vodaphone better for country wide coverage by a margin,4G is improving all the time every where.I use the Data a lot when fishing for various purposes, river levels ,weather stations etc.
    Happy as I can be, you'll have to pay out some where along the line somewhere!
    Give us a bell when you're sorted,Pedro.
    Last edited by Rennie; 01-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Yes, I think the phone companies decided from the outset on a 'no cooperation' policy. Result being multiple duplication, resulting in high cost and inadequate coverage.

One of those areas where Govt should have intervened (as I believe they're about to - or threatening to anyway)

Ironically tourists to the UK receive - broadly speaking - acceptable coverage with their European sims while we suffer (they are permitted switching - we're not!!!!) Another little task for you as Minister for Justice (and Retribution) - not the tourists - the phone company bosses
    I'm very much looking forward to my role in the future. I'm on volume 2 of the book of reprobates allready. Phone company executives are going in under C. No not that, crucifixion!

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to my role in the future. I'm on volume 2 of the book of reprobates allready. Phone company executives are going in under C. No not that, crucifixion!
    aye, it could get busy, nothing wrong with a quick dirty job to clear the backlog

The Samsung is a great fishing phone - you can drop it in the water if it's one of the ones that catches fire!

I'm with Loxie on this - I just can't fathom spending upwards of 25 on a mobile contract - I have a Virgin SIM only contract, and buy my own phone, then look after it, and sell it when I want to upgrade.

Doing this I maybe lose 20 or 30 on the phone (my last iPhone 5S I actually made money) and over the year spend maybe half of a normal contract price, with the same data, text allowances, etc.

Certainly works for me, although admittedly I don't always have the most up to date phone (which isn't important to me). I do like a prtetty good one though, and tend to spend around 150-200.

Oscar.

I can depend on where you are located ... In some parts of the UK, especially Scotland, coverage can be sparse and one provider may be a lot better than others in different areas.

You may want to look at the way O2 work - you have two contracts.one for the actual phone, a 2 year interest free purchase agreement and the second is either a 12/18/24 month connection agreement. At the end of two years the former stops and you are immediately on a SIM only. It also allows you to increase your voice/data allowances with no contract extension.

yeah, this is the deal I've got - see post 8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12