Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What phone , or contract to purchase, sim only or 2 yr deal

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Me n Her indoors have a Family deal with Vodaphone,us two and both sons, all with 6 s+ I phones,2 year contract, upped the data usage slightly,free texts lots of minutes and got a good deal, after reminding Vodaphone they'd loose 4 customers if they didn't capitulate.
    They're expensive technical phones, best with good warranty etc for peace of mind-just bung em back to Vodaphone or t'Apple shop.
    Less than the advertised rates by a satisfactory margin.I also find Vodaphone better for country wide coverage by a margin,4G is improving all the time every where.I use the Data a lot when fishing for various purposes, river levels ,weather stations etc.
    Happy as I can be, you'll have to pay out some where along the line somewhere!
    Give us a bell when you're sorted,Pedro.
    Last edited by Rennie; 01-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Yes, I think the phone companies decided from the outset on a 'no cooperation' policy. Result being multiple duplication, resulting in high cost and inadequate coverage.

One of those areas where Govt should have intervened (as I believe they're about to - or threatening to anyway)

Ironically tourists to the UK receive - broadly speaking - acceptable coverage with their European sims while we suffer (they are permitted switching - we're not!!!!) Another little task for you as Minister for Justice (and Retribution) - not the tourists - the phone company bosses
    I'm very much looking forward to my role in the future. I'm on volume 2 of the book of reprobates allready. Phone company executives are going in under C. No not that, crucifixion!
    ozzyian likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to my role in the future. I'm on volume 2 of the book of reprobates allready. Phone company executives are going in under C. No not that, crucifixion!
    aye, it could get busy, nothing wrong with a quick dirty job to clear the backlog
    Loxie likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

The Samsung is a great fishing phone - you can drop it in the water if it's one of the ones that catches fire!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I'm with Loxie on this - I just can't fathom spending upwards of 25 on a mobile contract - I have a Virgin SIM only contract, and buy my own phone, then look after it, and sell it when I want to upgrade.

Doing this I maybe lose 20 or 30 on the phone (my last iPhone 5S I actually made money) and over the year spend maybe half of a normal contract price, with the same data, text allowances, etc.

Certainly works for me, although admittedly I don't always have the most up to date phone (which isn't important to me). I do like a prtetty good one though, and tend to spend around 150-200.

Oscar.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

I can depend on where you are located ... In some parts of the UK, especially Scotland, coverage can be sparse and one provider may be a lot better than others in different areas.

You may want to look at the way O2 work - you have two contracts.one for the actual phone, a 2 year interest free purchase agreement and the second is either a 12/18/24 month connection agreement. At the end of two years the former stops and you are immediately on a SIM only. It also allows you to increase your voice/data allowances with no contract extension.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

yeah, this is the deal I've got - see post 8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12