Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytree View Post
    So I finished wrapping and with the last day off before going back to work I thought I would have plenty of time to put on the flex coat over a book and turning .. 7 hours later it's still tacky , room is about 65 and near a fire so it's hot enough , I'm going to leave for another 24 hours and if it's still tacky do a coat of clear varnish or would another thinner coat of flex coat be the answer ?
    I'm pretty sure I got the measurements and mixing spot on so I'm slightly concerned about putting more on with the drying time and more it being more tacky if a coat of clear varnish will do a quicker job with out reacting with it.
    Has it gone on even and not sagged? If it had then just leave in a warm place and it should harden off OK.

Which Flex Coat did you use?
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

High build flex coat is the product It's gone very nice and even and no bubbles I was pretty impressed.
    I'll leave until tomorrow evening any how.

Even with flex cote lite thinned with solvnet its still tacky after 12 h in my experience just leave it in a warm room and don't touch it for 48h or let the wraps rest against anything - use the mixing pot you made up to see when its finally gone off and hard
    good luck

Richard

After 7 hours, although the chemical setting process has taken place it will still feel a bit tacky to the touch. As has been said leave it 24hrs and see what happens.

Checked 4 rods in the dryers yesterday which had been in for around 10 hrs, set off fine but a little tacky. Checked them again 2hrs back and fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12