Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default River teith grayling

Just a quick couple of questions regarding grayling fishing on the teith.
    I used to occasionally fish the town water in callander a few years ago. Had some reasonable days and some pretty poor days.
    Has anyone ever fished here recently? Hows the fishing these days? Also is there any other beats that are worth giving a try (or that you can get access to)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sknox88 View Post
    Just a quick couple of questions regarding grayling fishing on the teith.
    I used to occasionally fish the town water in callander a few years ago. Had some reasonable days and some pretty poor days.
    Has anyone ever fished here recently? Hows the fishing these days? Also is there any other beats that are worth giving a try (or that you can get access to)?
    I fish the Teith for Grayling and have the season permit that is purchased from Stirling Council fisheries head officer Scott Mason for 30. If you check out the fisheries website it has all the pools that you can fish on this permit. You can also fish a part of Eis Gobain river from just above the graveyard. With regards other water I do not know of any other beats that allow fishing for Grayling on this system. The fishing at present is a bit patchy, I have only been out 3 times so far and have only managed 2 OOS browns and 1 Grayling the river has been very low due to us not having a lot of rain.

Thanks for the reply. Its a shame they dont sell day tickets, as I tend to like trying quite a few different beats / rivers during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sknox88 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Its a shame they dont sell day tickets, as I tend to like trying quite a few different beats / rivers during the winter.
    They have now started selling day permits for 5 again they have to be purchased from Scott.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll give it a try.

It may be a bit busy up the Teith as the fishery board may still be out in force trying to catch spawning salmon for scale samples . Remember and always give priority at pools of the condom fisher as he will most likely be on fishery board business.

Single hander ive noticed that you've posted about fishing a few places on the system. Have you caught any grayling when salmon fishing on the teith/forth? I had one during the summer take a small silver stoat on the bluebanks

Any Grayling I get get chapped , Teith never had grayling until recently and I believe they were introduced illegally , Non native to this river and I have no interest in them as a sport fish. No issues with people fishing for them as long as they stay away from redds.