Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: sports cameras with video editing.

Default sports cameras with video editing.

I'm looking to purchase another sports camera, the one I have now does not allow video editing, is there any out there that allow video editing.
    I know the go pro version does put the video quality of the go pro is no better that the one I already own so paying double the price for a go pro for video editing seems a bit steep. Any suggestions if there's any out there.
    cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    I'm looking to purchase another sports camera, the one I have now does not allow video editing, is there any out there that allow video editing.
    I know the go pro version does put the video quality of the go pro is no better that the one I already own so paying double the price for a go pro for video editing seems a bit steep. Any suggestions if there's any out there.
    cheers.
    What's the limitation you're facing at the moment that stops you editing?

If you record for say 1 hour you can't shorten the footage down, my mates got a gopro hero an he can cut parts out the video
    ozzyian likes this.

Default Olfi

Have a look at the Olfi. Bought the wife one for horse riding and it's good. Less than half the price of the GoPro as well

Default Wmm

Are you needing to edit the video immediately after shooting or sometime later? If later, I edit all my home video's on Windows Movie Maker, just edit, clip or trim out the bits you don't want.
    razzer likes this.
    Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it Hidden Content

If you record for say 1 hour you can't shorten the footage down, my mates got a gopro hero an he can cut parts out the video

Quote Originally Posted by Bothy Cat View Post
    Are you needing to edit the video immediately after shooting or sometime later? If later, I edit all my home video's on Windows Movie Maker, just edit, clip or trim out the bits you don't want.
    Didn't know I could do that
    Can I do that with any sports camera ? An is this programme available to download online.

Default Video Editing

I often return from a fishing trip with say 20-30 short video clips that I want to edit and make into a movie. You should be able to do this with videos from any digital camera. So the first thing is to download all your clips onto your PC. There are many video editing packages available, I think Windows Movie Maker is still a free download from Windows - you may already have it on your PC. There are loads of WMM editing tutorials on YouTube if you want to research further.
    ozzyian likes this.
    Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it Hidden Content

You can set your Go Pro to Protune, which is GoPro's version of raw. It will look flat, but gives you much more freedom for colour correction later. Download Da Vinci Resolve. It is a Hollywood level editing software, that BlackMagic allow you to download for free. It is regarded as the best colour-correction software there is. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube describing how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    as Bothy Cat mentions, you've very likely got Movie Maker hiding somewhere on your PC already, have a play around with it - it's pretty intuitive and can do a lot of things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast