Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Yokanga 2017 Anyone?

    Hi folks

    Not sure if anyone fancies coming along, but a group of us are heading to the Yokanga next year. Unfortunately one of the guys had to drop today, leaving one spot spare.

    It is for the 1st-8th July 2017.

    The usual retail rate for the week is almost 10000 from Murmansk.

    We have managed to get a reduced rate of 8750, which includes :

    * Overnight stay in Helsinki (Hilton hotel).
    * Chartered flight from Helsinki to Murmansk.
    * Helicopter to Lodge from Murmansk.
    * full board
    * All wines, beer and vodka.
    * 6 days, one evening fishing.
    * Laundry service


    Additional costs will be:

    * Russian VISA (approx 150)
    * Flight from home to Helsinki (approx 250)
    * Tips and fly purchases at lodge.

    This is one of the top three weeks on the River, with fish averaging around the 20lb mark!


    If it's of interest, please let me know. It will be on a first come first served basis.


    Tight lines


    Gordon Armstrong
    Last edited by nessc; 14-12-2016 at 07:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Forres
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    oooooooooooooooooooooooo, so tempted!!!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    You'd be more than welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post
    oooooooooooooooooooooooo, so tempted!!!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Good price. I paid that for the prime week 6 years ago. A great river and would love to go, but it's still a pile of dough, and if my other half got a sniff of me spending that on a week I'd be in the spare room for a year. Having said that I'll think about it!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nessc View Post
    Hi folks

    Not sure if anyone fancies coming along, but a group of us are heading to the Yokanga next year. Unfortunately one of the guys had to drop today, leaving one spot spare.

    It is for the 1st-8th July 2017.

    The usual retail rate for the week is almost 10000 from Murmansk.

    We have managed to get a reduced rate of 8750, which includes :

    * Overnight stay in Helsinki (Hilton hotel).
    * Chartered flight from Helsinki to Murmansk.
    * Helicopter to Lodge from Murmansk.
    * full board
    * All wines, beer and vodka.
    * 6 days, one evening fishing.
    * Laundry service


    Additional costs will be:

    * Russian VISA (approx 150)
    * Flight from home to Helsinki (approx 250)
    * Tips and fly purchases at lodge.

    This is one of the top three weeks on the River, with fish averaging around the 20lb mark!


    If it's of interest, please let me know. It will be on a first come first served basis.


    Tight lines


    Gordon Armstrong
    Oh ****, I failed to photograph your 30ish lbr when I last went! I hope you've got a better camera and a better photographer!
    Last edited by Loxie; 14-12-2016 at 07:28 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Andrew

    I have almost forgiven you for that one ;-)

    What a great week we had. It was without doubt, the best salmon fishing I've had.

    Are fishing much these days?

    Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Oh ****, I failed to photograph your 30ish lbr when I last went! I hope you've got a better camera and a better photographer!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nessc View Post
    Andrew

    I have almost forgiven you for that one ;-)

    What a great week we had. It was without doubt, the best salmon fishing I've had.

    Are fishing much these days?

    Gordon
    I probably owe you a bottle for that. I seem to remember you drinking Monkey Shoulder. Mind you you did get three in front of me on that bloody Junction Shrimp! It was a great week and I fancy a return but not keen on the ensuing divorce! Yes I fish a fair bit but largely north of you. I heard the Ness had a better year this year?

    A

  8. #8

    Default

    Good memory. Monkey shoulder is still one of my favorites.

    The Ness season was a little better, with a far better early summer. Lots of big fish........

    Fingers crossed for 2017.

    Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I probably owe you a bottle for that. I seem to remember you drinking Monkey Shoulder. Mind you you did get three in front of me on that bloody Junction Shrimp! It was a great week and I fancy a return but not keen on the ensuing divorce! Yes I fish a fair bit but largely north of you. I heard the Ness had a better year this year?

    A

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •