Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hello to everyone

Thumbs up Hello to everyone

Thought a quick CV might serve as an introduction.
    I have fished the Taw and Mole in North Devon for Salmon and Sea Trout for some 15 years, maybe 5 days a year, using a 9'6" AFTM 8 rod built on a Sage RPL blank.
    I'm one of a 'roving' team of 3 veterans. Meeting up once a year for a 4 day 'Old Boys Adventure"!
    We have over the last 5 years fished the Nith, Annan, Border Esk, Wear, Tyne and in the process I have become a convert to the Switch rod and lately to the Double handed Salmon rod.
    I look forward to picking up useful tips and knowledge from you all.

Welcome and enjoy.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by GeeZedTee View Post
    I have fished the Taw and Mole in North Devon for Salmon and Sea Trout for some 15 years, maybe 5 days a year, using a 9'6" AFTM 8 rod built on a Sage RPL blank.
    I'm one of a 'roving' team of 3 veterans. Meeting up once a year for a 4 day 'Old Boys Adventure"!
    We have over the last 5 years fished the Nith, Annan, Border Esk, Wear, Tyne and in the process I have become a convert to the Switch rod and lately to the Double handed Salmon rod.
    Welcome!!
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Welcome to the forum

Always good to swell the masses of the Taw/Mole Massive..................................actually I've lost a bit of weight recently...............you know what I mean.
    Mark

Hidden Content

Dulcissime prohibitum sapit pomum

Welcome

Welcome GZT. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on here that will interest you given the content of your introduction.

Actively participate and enjoy.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Default Thank you for a warm welcome.

Thanks everyone for your welcome.
    Yes, you can lose a few lbs navigating the Mole all day, but then put it on eating a supper waiting for the bats to appear. last time we ate as we watched a parcel of Red deer on the opposite bank, and a fox catching the last light at the entrance of her earth. Sadly not a Peal or Sea trout seen, heard or felt. But that's fishing for migratory fish eh?

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it

Thanks everyone for your welcome.
    Yes, you can lose a few lbs navigating the Mole all day, but then put it on eating a supper waiting for the bats to appear. last time we ate as we watched a parcel of Red deer on the opposite bank, and a fox catching the last light at the entrance of her earth. Sadly not a Peal or Sea trout seen, heard or felt. But that's fishing for migratory fish eh?
    Where on the Mole do you fish?

Hello and welcome.
    I fish the Bray, just up from the old cider mill.
    Enjoy the knowledge and expertise on the forum.

Nick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast