Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Vosseler S2 spools, big problem?

Till recently had a very good opinion of the S2 Vosseler reel, of which I own two.

Unfortunately bought recently new spare spools for my reel.

Well, the spools never fitted the reel 100%. But now the fit is very poor. Got 2 spare spools from 2 different sources with the same result.

What is going on?

Does anyone have the same problem?

Bought 2 spare S2 spools early this summer.
    No issues whatsoever
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Sent back the spools and one of my reels to the seller. He confirmed the existence of a problem as the other spools he had in stock also do not really fit the reel. On the other hand, with older spools, the fit is very good, although never perfect.

Told me he was going to contact Vosseler regarding this problem.

Something strange is going on

Paulo

The problem is now solved.

My two reels were sent to Vosseler by adh-fishing, in Germany, from which I bought the new spools.

Well, now the reels and both the old and new spools are compatible.

I do not know what was done to the reels ...

By the way, I bought also other stuff from adh-fishing. I have now a very good impression of them as
    merchants. Great service, always!

Quote Originally Posted by LISBOA58 View Post

By the way, I bought also other stuff from adh-fishing. I have now a very good impression of them as
    merchants. Great service, always!
    I've used adh on a couple of occasions , and had very good service both times.

adh-fishing - Your partner in fly fishing and fly tying
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Default S3

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of spares supplier for the S3? The handle fell off mine whilst playing a fish on the Spey. I have repaired it by rebonding the threaded insert, but would like a new one as a back up. I have e-mailed Vosseler several times with no reply and also asked Mike at AM from where i got the reel

*****Update. Vosseler replied explaining the company had been closed and had forgotten to put on the auto response e-mail and are sending out a handle FOC.

Thank you
    Last edited by SS1963; 20-06-2017 at 07:05 AM.