Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Very New Member

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,076

    Default

    Welcome



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wynyard Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    WHAT..!!!!!!!!!

    I hope the West Coast Scots don't see that.

    Yep, love them or hate them , they are down here too, and where did the "INDUSTRY" originate from.......Scotland i'm told.....At least we dont have any native Salmon to be affected.......but our other species......the jury is still out.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    west highlands
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Hi tassiespey.
    What fish are your target, and are there any trout in your region?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wynyard Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Holroyd View Post
    Hi tassiespey.
    What fish are your target, and are there any trout in your region?
    There most certainly are trout here Jack, since 1864. Browns and Rainbows , and the average size would be 2-3 lb range , but some much larger of course, a club member i spoke to last evening took a 10lb+ Brown from the Gordon River on the wst coast on Wednesday...... ichase them all as wll as Australian Salmon in the Salt....Bevin

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wynyard Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default Spelling mistakes

    Sorry all, will have to check before posting......

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tassiespey View Post
    There most certainly are trout here Jack, since 1864. Browns and Rainbows , and the average size would be 2-3 lb range , but some much larger of course, a club member i spoke to last evening took a 10lb+ Brown from the Gordon River on the wst coast on Wednesday...... ichase them all as wll as Australian Salmon in the Salt....Bevin
    Sounds like my cup of tea that river fishing for big Browns welcome to the forum

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    west highlands
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Wild brownies , two to three pounds, sounds like heaven to me.
    I am jealous of your move. Good luck.
    Jack.
    Ps. Don't get so Bolshie , that's how to lose friends.
    Best luck in TAZ..

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerry Ireland
    Posts
    104

    Default

    WELCOME ...please excuse the insanity on here :>) .but they mean well..they are only to pleased to help ..
    and help they do..a world of information ...
    Its the voices in my head that make me keep fishing .

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wynyard Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N2deep View Post
    WELCOME ...please excuse the insanity on here :>) .but they mean well..they are only to pleased to help ..
    and help they do..a world of information ...
    .....Insanity, what Insanity.....just sounds like a bunch of fishermen anywhere in the world from my experience...........They say you dont have to be insane to do this Salmon Fishing Thing ....But is sure as hell helps.........Bevin
    FloatinglineNelly likes this.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kerry Ireland
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tassiespey View Post
    To all , I get the jist of your posts, but it looks like i will need to get a dictionary, or some of my friends here from your part of the world to translate some........amazing is'nt it, six or seven generations of my family in Australia and most of us have lost all those languages....Im of Scotish, English, Irish and Tasmanian Aboriginal decent.....but you cant hold that against me now, can you.......Bevin......and i believe that is a Welsh name.

    another wandering paddy looken fer fish ........ :>)

    welcome
    Its the voices in my head that make me keep fishing .



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0