Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  305
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby Page

Quote Originally Posted by JACK POWER View Post
    Pity his a Tiger through & through always gracious in winning & loosing! I wonder who will be the new DOR at Leicester? I see Jordan Murphy & Mauger will take over in the mean time....
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

Very sad, but it's a business nowadays and I suppose it can only go the way of soccer with no loyalties and everything dependent on winning.

If things don't take a dramatic upturn at Northampton, I can see him going there and so the merry-go-round keeps on turning!

I know I'm of a certain age, but I don't like pro sport much.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul White View Post
    Very sad, but it's a business nowadays and I suppose it can only go the way of soccer with no loyalties and everything dependent on winning.

If things don't take a dramatic upturn at Northampton, I can see him going there and so the merry-go-round keeps on turning!

I know I'm of a certain age, but I don't like pro sport much.

Paul
    Yes I suppose Saints now will want Jim Mallinder's head also! ruthlessness & professionalism go hand in hand!! God be with the boot money....
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

Cockers has been a brilliant servant for Leicester but something's really amiss this year and part of last season. Be interesting to see if he's been holding back Maugers attacking influence.
    We're not going to finish fourth this year and won't be in Europe next year. Going to be interesting to see who we can attract in as we're not a club to throw huge money around for players either. Hopefully the history of tigers will bring in the right person. Personally I would be happy with someone who brings the ethos of tigers back and some expansive play but the worry is short term results are going to be what's judged.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Default Who'd want to?

"Cockers has been a brilliant servant for Leicester but something's really amiss this year and part of last season. Be interesting to see if he's been holding back Maugers attacking influence.
    We're not going to finish fourth this year and won't be in Europe next year. Going to be interesting to see who we can attract in as we're not a club to throw huge money around for players either. Hopefully the history of tigers will bring in the right person. Personally I would be happy with someone who brings the ethos of tigers back and some expansive play but the worry is short term results are going to be what's judged."

Agree with all of that. Back in the day when Munster were rattling the cage a trip to Welford Road was not to be missed. Always a great day out and a great, welcoming crowd. Could it be that the Tigers' style/psych and Arron Mauger are incompatible? Study yeomen who will not retreat being asked to play like faffing cavaliers? Eddie Jones managed it because he has the talent at his disposal but maybe too big a call - like Rob Penny was at Munster - for a conservative, forward-orientated club like Tigers? Mallinder can't be far behind I'd guess. A high-stakes game now, who'd want to?

Interesting that Cockerill has gone and Mallinder is still in post. I know which one I think has done a better job. Would Saints have a Leicester man as DoR?

I don't think saints would be against a Leicester man in charge but really be surprised if cockers would take up an offer from them. But then he's got to pay the bills same as us all so beggars can't be chooser's and all that.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

wonder what you'd need to do to get yourself dropped from England on 'inappropriate behaviour' grounds

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    wonder what you'd need to do to get yourself dropped from England on 'inappropriate behaviour' grounds
    Lose to Australia

BOOM BOOM.

Happy New Year Ozzie, heres hoping you don't meet England as many times in 2017
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach

Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Lose to Australia

BOOM BOOM.

Happy New Year Ozzie, heres hoping you don't meet England as many times in 2017
    I could, but please save me the bother of listing the last 10 Wallabies dropped for sh!t behaviour (on and off the pitch)

If pushed I'd start with the 3 Amigos - Kurtly Beale, James O'Connor and Quade Cooper. Any one of them no more than a hung over lurch straight into the England squad (then - and now probably) - all dingeyed by the National coach for being d!cks.

It would be an awful lot easier than finding the last 10 England players dropped for the same reasons that's for sure

Maybe an Antipodean coach (charged with sorting the whole mess out) is given a 'no interfere' license from the RFU as part of the deal - who knows but I think England would join only maybe Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Georgia and maybe France in tolerating such a character. He wouldn't be considered in the rest of the SH or Scotland, Ireland or Wales for that matter. Such is the desperation over at Twickers I suppose

Happy New Year to you as well and fair play to all
    Last edited by ozzyian; 04-01-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast