Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: River Erriff Decline

Quote Originally Posted by castor View Post
    And how is Delphi doing being just up the road?
    Plenty of water, however a poor run of grilse this season, numbers down on last year.
    Last edited by minitube; 15-08-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    spawny likes this.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

makes for sad reading ,very good river in its day,dont want to pass any blame but does the new owners want angling and the effort or is it for other water activities now

Quote Originally Posted by Ballyduff View Post
    makes for sad reading ,very good river in its day,dont want to pass any blame but does the new owners want angling and the effort or is it for other water activities now
    Yes it does make you wonder. I can see a time coming soon when the Fishery Board will shut it down for fishing and then the Kayakers will take over.
    Ballyduff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballyduff View Post
    From anecdotal evidence it doesn't seem as if the operators have a great deal of fishing know how. For example, do they know all the lies that Jim et al knew so well?

I hear of very little being caught anywhere but the renowned, and obvious, hotspots, and especially beat 9.

Very sad if it continues to go down hill.
    spawny and Ballyduff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    From anecdotal evidence it doesn't seem as if the operators have a great deal of fishing know how. For example, do they know all the lies that Jim et al knew so well?

I hear of very little being caught anywhere but the renowned, and obvious, hotspots, and especially beat 9.

Very sad if it continues to go down hill.
    yeah that's what I was thinking,he made very detailed maps of all the beats and knew the river like the back of his hand
    you cant replace that knowledge and real pity when they gave over the river to the new ones they didn't consider that
    unless the real deal was to close it as a fishery

Guys, there's nothing wrong with the new management, nothing. I know as I am over there at times.

Personally I find the hardest fish to catch are the ones that are not there.
    Oscar, adipose, spawny and 1 others like this.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by minitube View Post
    Guys, there's nothing wrong with the new management, nothing. I know as I am over there at times.

Personally I find the hardest fish to catch are the ones that are not there.
    Yes the management are not the problem - it is the absence of fish and they are not going to return unless things change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12