Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Just One Week on the Gaula 16-23 July 2016

I am feeling your pain
    MCXFisher likes this.
    "You wont catch a fish if your fly's not in the water" Herbie Symons Tamar legend

37.000 persons (including me) at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Trondheim last night. And we finally had some serious rain...

Eggafoss close to 90 m3/s this morning, Gaulfoss 180 and a nice lift in Orkla and Stjørdal. Time to go fishing ...
    Eminem and Henke like this.

Lucky you on every count: play your luck, enjoy yourself and tight lines.

I'm envious, but don't hesitate to let me know how you get on.
    Michael
    Hidden Content

Please support the Ure Salmon Run Bike Challenge - donate via Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus Nautilus View Post
    37.000 persons (including me) at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Trondheim last night. And we finally had some serious rain...

Eggafoss close to 90 m3/s this morning, Gaulfoss 180 and a nice lift in Orkla and Stjørdal. Time to go fishing ...
    Note to myself: "when the Gaula needs a water hike, play some Bruce Springsteen music, it might work!"
    Last edited by Gauldalen; 27-07-2016 at 02:41 PM.

"37.000 persons (including me) at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Trondheim last night. And we finally had some serious rain...

Eggafoss close to 90 m3/s this morning, Gaulfoss 180 and a nice lift in Orkla and Stjørdal. Time to go fishing ... "

Half your luck, I hope you get a few fish. The water we craved ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldalen View Post
    Note to myself: "when the Gaula needs a water hike, play some Bruce Springsteen music, it might work!"
    Turbo solution: get KINGFISHER to play the riffs, then build an ark
    cairn and Gauldalen like this.
    Michael
    Hidden Content

Please support the Ure Salmon Run Bike Challenge - donate via Hidden Content

Thanks for an honest report. We've all been through that. What I've learnt from my overseas trips is that one week is very often too short to guarantee you fishable conditions. Unless you're going to the destination staffed full of fish and regardless the river levels you will nail one or two. As an example I can use my last three trips. In 2013 (Alaska) as we arrived the river was running high and dirty and 1st week was very slow but 2nd week when levels dropped was absolutely amazing. In 2014 (BC) we arrived to perfect conditions but by the end of the week the river turned chocolate brown and the game was over. 2015 (BC) was opposite again, 1st week very frustrating and we got washed off, 2nd week saved the trip. Prior to 2013 I was quite lucky and only in 2012 experienced two weeks of difficult conditions backed by very poor salmon run. I know it's all about money but 2nd week doesn't double the price in most cases. The other option is to wait till very last moment and book your trip when conditions are right. This apply to Scotland only but I've been more successful fishing less attractive/productive water in good conditions rather than the best beat with no water or no fish. Ah, bloody salmon fishing. Expensive, frustrating, but I f... love it!
    Henke, JACK POWER, Guesty and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123