For those who like to while away the winter nights, occupy themselves during those long journeys or just read about places they haven't yet visited I can recommend Brad Burns new book Closing the Season.

Closing the Season is a book dedicated to fishing for Atlantic salmon on the Miramichi and Cains rivers of New Brunswick in Canada. This book covers the two rivers, some of the characters you will find on them and a detailed journal of the authors last five weeks of his fishing season. There is also a final section dedicated to tackle and techniques, hints and tips that Brad has picked up over the years of fishing there.

This is an A4 sized hard back book which is nicely written and of a high quality. There are lots of interesting high quality pictures to help the reader engage more with the river and surroundings, having fished Miramichi myself it really does portray the river as i remember it.

I think this book will make a great present for salmon fishers or to add to your existing collection. It is available to purchase direct or from the UK stockist.

To join in the discussion about this book click here.