Tab Content
    Yesterday, 11:03 PM
    Definately ball bearing swivels not sure where i got them now as been there years they just arent as good as the old sharpes ones so they got put to...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 05:52 PM
    Ill have a look to make sure that cant happen. Got some cheap ball bearing swivels somewhere that arent great at stopping twist but they are longer...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 03:31 PM
    Rrrr replied to a thread Fishing Budgets? in Rookies Corner
    If you are thinking about the northeast for fishing then the northumbrian anglers federation is about the best bet to keep it in budget mate. If you...
    23 replies | 716 view(s)
    Yesterday, 03:10 PM
    What size swivel do you rekon between the split rings ? Ive got some lying around that are size 6 or maybe 4. Abit bigger than i would use for...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 02:09 PM
    Ive seen double swivvels in tackle shops before usualy with the sea fishing tackle. I was just going to rig mine with a single large swivel between...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 01:47 PM
    Rrrr replied to a thread Fishing Budgets? in Rookies Corner
    Really not that much in real terms. Northumbrian anglers fed permit which covers me for most of the coquet and maybe 5 miles of tyne fishing with a...
    23 replies | 716 view(s)
    Yesterday, 01:20 PM
    Orderd one of these ready tay rigged for pattern so should give a better idea of how it should look Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 01:14 PM
    Its a way of rigging minnow style lures by removing the 2 rear trebble hooks and extending the front hook with a split ring and swivel so it sits...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 01:09 PM
    I think most of my modern gear is made in the far east for big tackle companies and those chinese children in the factorys seem to make some decent...
    27 replies | 635 view(s)
    Yesterday, 12:48 PM
    On the brightside i wont be able to afford a new american rod. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    27 replies | 635 view(s)
    Yesterday, 11:37 AM
    Its my first time using them as coming back to salmon fishing after a bit of a break. I think im going to tay rig the ones ive got as im only allowed...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    Yesterday, 11:02 AM
    Got some new onetens coming for the new season (from purple whiskers as i fish the river not own it so 20 quid a pop for visions is abit rich). Just...
    31 replies | 901 view(s)
    18-01-2017, 04:22 PM
    http://www.graysofkilsyth.com/fishing-knots-gray's-loop.htm Thats the grays loop and should let you use a heavy mono and a loop to loop of whatever...
    18 replies | 568 view(s)
    18-01-2017, 04:10 PM
    Or a grays loop Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    18 replies | 568 view(s)
    18-01-2017, 04:08 PM
    Would tying a loop in the fly line core and using shrink wrap or a sliding rubber rig tube to pull over not work ? I use braided loops so just...
    18 replies | 568 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 07:14 PM
    I dont think the little shimano i bought last year will last forever as it was cheap so is the sort of reel i would replace rather than repair when...
    18 replies | 605 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 06:01 PM
    Also how is the exceler ? It was one of the ones that i looked at a few weeks back untill i spotted the abu half price at chapmans as it had a...
    7 replies | 265 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 05:53 PM
    Rrrr replied to a thread show off your metal in General Board
    I seem to carry giant boxes of the things around and still only end up using a zebra toby, a black flying c or a black and yellow devon in the spring...
    1 replies | 300 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 05:43 PM
    Got some with my new abu orra2 s a few weeks back and was wondering what they were used for. Just loaded it with line and the line lay is perfect so...
    7 replies | 265 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 08:58 AM
    Rrrr replied to a thread Soft plastic lures in General Board
    The plan of using soft plastics was for the tidal stretch on the coquet on the deep pools like the grandstand and clarty hole etc. Ive had tiny...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 08:45 AM
    Are they able to be fished on a regular salmon spinning rod or would it be worth buying one of these lure rods made for the job with the funny...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    17-01-2017, 08:38 AM
    Ive got a tricast triune rod in the collection that i was given and its 12 to 13 foot with an extension and would be ideal. Its classed as a heavy...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    16-01-2017, 08:42 PM
    Might have to check wether the baliffs would class them as spinning or as bait fishing as a shad etc is pretty close in shape to other more...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    16-01-2017, 06:16 PM
    I was looking at them as sort of half way between a rapala type lure and a cascade type fly with a really long tail in the way they should work in...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    16-01-2017, 05:45 PM
    Yes they seem like a bargain compared to the price of some of the vision onetens and other rapala type lures. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    16-01-2017, 05:28 PM
    Guessing it would get some sideways looks from the fly only brigade but then again so does the worm etc. I was thinking if the weight in the head is...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    16-01-2017, 04:46 PM
    Rrrr started a thread Soft plastic lures in General Board
    I was in the tackle shop the other day buying new lure boxes and was having a look at these soft plastic shad type lures with the weight in the head...
    24 replies | 926 view(s)
    15-01-2017, 02:34 PM
    Rrrr replied to a thread NAF water on the tyne. in General Board
    Also ive not even looked at the tidal bit where the golf course is so will have to have a bit of a scouting trip to see where the accsess etc to the...
    12 replies | 461 view(s)
    15-01-2017, 02:27 PM
    Cheers chaps. Im just as content spinning and bait fishing as i am with the fly as i like to give myself the best possible chance of a fish. I used...
    12 replies | 461 view(s)
    14-01-2017, 07:05 PM
    Yea its not great holding water for them. Ive not had any luck on it apart from trout on the dry fly at hagg bank but thats a decent hike from...
    12 replies | 461 view(s)
More Activity
About Rrrr

Basic Information

Date of Birth
February 13, 1986 (30)

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity